Thursday, November 12, 2009

Disappearing Tarte aux pommes, French crust redux

Using the tart crust recipe from my previous post, I made a very simple apple tart.  I call it the disappearing apple tart because not only are there never leftovers, but it disappears before I can get a piece!!!  I call that a baking success.

Ingredients
French tart crust
2 apples, I use 1 granny smith and 1 fuji (or any sweeter apple), peeled and sliced thinly
appx 1/4 apple sauce
cinnamon
sugar

Spread the apple sauce in the baked pie crust so there is a nice layer to nest the apples in.  Shake on some cinnamon (alternately, you can do cinnamon-sugar mixture on the top, but I prefer to hide it since I prefer to hide the darker color of the cinnamon.)  Spread the apples.  I like to do a pretty pattern (I circle the edge, then do an inner circle,) alternating slices of the two types.  Sprinkle with sugar.  Bake at 350F until the apples are tender but not burning.
Voila!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment